Best Operations Management Software
Bring clarity into your logistics operations and gain single point truck operations control by centralizing and optimizing the delivery and transportation process. Advanced performance matrix for business insights through our advanced fleet management solutions.
Single Point Fleet Management & Operations Control
Logistics & transport organizations adopt numerous business improvement methodologies to improve fleet management performance and gain truck operations control. Logistics, as well as supply chain management, has been regarded to be a crucial factor for companies to obtain a competitive edge.
There are a lot of fleet management solutions available in the market that give a vague idea about through a basic performance matrix. But does it integrate all your operations under one roof? How well your entire order & trip life cycle is captured? A lot of business improvement methodologies are adopted by organizations every day in order to increase productivity. The logistics and transportation industry is an extremely competitive one. The companies vie to be better in every department than their counterparts. It all starts with operations control and management. The management should be able to centralize and optimize the delivery and transportation process. The main aim of any logistics & transportation companies would be to organize a cost-effective delivery and storage process and gain total truck & logistics operations control.
Fleet Management Software: Module Features
- Consignment booking ( Either as independent order or logistics transfer)
- Scheduling of trucks, its route, and dispatch
- Expense management including the driver, maintenance and fuel expenses.
- Real-time status update for each trip
- Proof of Delivery capturing with shortage & excess.
- In case of delays, add demurrage charges
- Capturing mileage shortage upon trip closing
- Vehicle maintenance checklist before and after each trip
- Adjusting driver advance at the end of each trip
- Trip closing with Mileage shortage capturing, Cargo deduction and Adjust with Driver Advance.
- Automatic email alerts like loads available, missing POD, empty returns, etc.
Fleet Management Software: Module Benefits
- Get the order quotation cost calculations less hectic & error-free.
- Complete mapping of order details
- Quick processing of order quotation and entry
- Easy sub-contract allocation
- Effective control of discount requests & approvals
- Reduce manipulations through mapping user activity log
- Centralized truck monitoring & tracking
- Automatic allocation of trip expenses based on a set route
- Proper selection of trailers and containers based on commodity type
- Clear cut payment and settlement procedures for all involved parties
- Trip safety through validations and checklists
- Significant reduction in border delays
- An automatic email with attachments to border clearance agents immediately after order entry
- Accurate issue of expenses on border permit, tax, etc.
Driver Expense Management
- Systemized expense management reducing revenue leakage
- Automatic calculation of driver expenses and recovery against a trip
The “Operational” Flow
Ripples-FMS fleet management solutions have operations control and management as one of its main modules. It is extremely important for a logistics operations team to capture all of its activities under one roof. Every order starts with an order quotation, well in some cases you may have to capture the order entry directly. There are provisions to export your order quotations directly from the application screen.
With a series of master entries including the efficiently captured route master and the customer rates, the order entry form becomes a simple exercise. The user can select the load type (containerized, breakbulk, bulk loose, bulk liquid, etc.), customer, the number of loads/co-loads, loading and drop-off points and a host of other important features. The container load management is done according to the type and makes of cargo; one can easily distribute the loads accordingly.
Assigning the trip against an order
Every stage of the operational entries needs proper approval and acceptance. Once the order is entered the next step is to assign the trip against the order. Date and time are scheduled of the trip commencement along with details such as the horse and trailers on which the cargo needs to go, driver details, etc. There is a series of checks before the vehicle can be dispatched. Pre-clearance documents need to be processed, driver expenses have to be paid, etc.
Tracking the truck
Once the cargo is dispatched, then the customer can track the status through Ripples-FMS customer portal screens. With the help of GPS, the operations team can know the current location of the assigned truck.
Trip Closure & Managing the Empty Return Legs
The final leg includes the effective capturing of POD, adding demurrage charges if any and finally initiating the trip closure. Once the trip is in the closure mode, an invoice is generated accordingly. In our software, you will also have provisions to manage and configure your return legs as well. The distance run by the truck against a trip is captured well and the driver expenses are also settled.
Proper Business Insights
As you can see, each stage of your operations is captured in detail. Thanks to the cloud-hosted application, you can see your data anywhere, anytime on just a button click. Your performance matrix can be viewed and analyzed on a button click. Such fleet performance metric software can give you valid business insights and let you plan for the future.
Reports & Alerts
Administrators will have access to a host of reports including trips control, delays, fuel issued, missing POD, driver bonus, HR recovery, performance matrix, etc. Proper email alerts are sent at each stage of operations ensuring its smooth conduct. One can see all the operational data snapshots from the user dashboard itself.
So if you are a transportation company and is struggling to bring in that much-needed control in operations, please write to us.