Organizations adopt numerous business improvement methodologies to improve business performance. Logistics as well as supply chain management has been regarded to be the crucial factor for the companies to obtain competitive edge. There are a lot of fleet management solutions available in the market. But does it integrate all your operations under one roof?
Lot of business improvement methodologies are adopted by organizations every day in order to increase productivity. Logistics and transportation industry is an extremely competitive one. The companies vie to be better in every department than their counterparts. It all starts with operations control and management. The management should be able to centralize and optimize the delivery and transportation process. The main aim for any logistics & transportation companies would be to organize a cost-effective delivery and storage process.
Bringing clarity into operations control
Operations control and management should be a comprehensive affair. It should include everything from booking of consignments to capturing proof of delivery. In operations management, factors such as competition, customer preference changes, ever so changing technologies, government policies and even natural calamities affects the overall productivity of the company. Most noteworthy point is that, a transport company professional is faced with challenges that are multi-faceted. A small manual error can cause huge failures. The focus should be on putting day-to-day operations in order and in-align with the business process of the company.
Ripples-FMS fleet management solutions have operations control and management as one of its main modules. Here are a few of the sub-module snapshots that we have in operations control and management module
- Consignment booking ( Either as independent order or logistics transfer)
- Scheduling of trucks, its route and dispatch
- Expense management including driver, maintenance and fuel expenses.
- Real-time status update for each trip
- Proof of Delivery capturing with shortage & excess.
- In case of delays, add demurrage charges
- Capturing mileage shortage upon trip closing
- Vehicle Maintenance Checklist before and after each trip
- Adjusting driver advance at the end of each trip
- Trip closing with Mileage shortage capturing, Cargo deduction and Adjust with Driver Advance.
- Automatic email alerts like loads available, missing pod, empty returns etc.
So if you are a transportation company and is struggling to bring in that much needed control in operations, please write to us.